April 5, 2010

Tapa Tapa Maremagnum


Lunch with Katie.



When the sun is shining and the water is glistening, Tapa Tapa Maremagnum is a delicious restaurant choice for lunch or dinner. A party can either sit inside or out but when it is a beautiful day, outside is the way to go because the delightful views of the sea. This restaurant has a wide variety of tapas. The portions are very tiny so it is fun to order many different tapas and share with the table. Some of my favorites are the mini hamburger, cheese and ham croquettes, chicken and asparagus kabobs, and paella. The sangria is delish and very refreshing.

When my friend was visiting for the weekend, my roommates and I decided to take her to Tapa Tapa. I had been there once before and had a good experience, the service was alright but the food was pretty tasty. We order many of the tapas I had the first time and a few new ones. Everything at the time was great. It was until later that night when my friend Hope felt very sick. Her stomach was upset and she felt extremely nauseated. Her illness continued throughout the night but in the morning she was a whole new person. So in the end she had had food poisoning from the food at Tapa Tapa.

My most recent visit to this restaurant was definitely under par. Everything that we wanted to order was sold out, plus the service was the worst ever! The waiter was slow and did not understand anything we were trying to say. He was unfriendly not accommodating at all. This by far was the worst service I have experienced during my time in Barcelona. My visits here started out nice but continued to get worse. It is an alright restaurant but after my three times there I would rather choose a different restaurant to eat at.

No comments:

Post a Comment